November 25th, 2005
In this episode I talk about the orchestral excerpts that I have chosen for the upcoming audition for Co-Principal Bass of the Tenerife Symphony Orchestra (OST).
The musical selections are by L’Orchestre de Contrebasses – a fine group of bassists from France.
From the fourth CD “Jeux Dangereux” by L’Orchestre des Contrebasses a track entitled “Elita”. (clip)
- Apologies for the technical screw-up.
- New equipment and software for a much improved listening experience.
From the fourth CD “Jeux Dangereux” by L’Orchestre des Contrebasses a track entitled “Elita”. (complete)
From Beethoven to Verdi – a little bit of everything…
CONTACT THE DOUBLEBASSCAST
You can vote for the DoubleBassCast here.
September 27th, 2005
Update – I finally fixed the website so we’re back in business.
In this episode I start out by describing my podcasting setup and then move on to more bass-like topics.
- Tina Caterina announces a bass recital in Georgia
- Patrick Neher announces The Arizona Bass Players Festival and Workshop
- There’s a review of the latest ISB publication “Bass World” as well as a review of Richard Davis’ book “Becoming an Orchestral Musician: A Guide for Aspiring Profesionals”.
- A section on jobs that are available internationally
- A section on buying and selling instruments – a special call for an instrument in the 2,000-3,000 euro range.
- Comments on some of the feedback that I’ve had about this podcast.
Plus a couple of sound clips from “The London Double Bass Sound”.
August 26th, 2005
This is the first basscast for DoubleBassCast.org. As this is the mission statement I thought I should talk about the following:
- Who am I?
- What is this?
- Why am I doing this?
- What can be expected in the future?